Readers are constantly requesting for the steps to update android latest version software. So I am providing the steps below to update your android to the latest version. And would constantly keep this post updated with the latest steps to update android latest version.
Oreo 8.1 is the latest version released. The previous version is Nougat 7.X versions.
Android P version is in developer preview and not officially released as yet so there are no security patches supported as yet.
How to update android latest version?
Go to Settings > About device > Software Update > Update
It will automatically check for updates.
If it is not downloading, deselect Wi-Fi only (this will download on your mobile data network).
My recommendation is to first connect to a Wi-Fi and then download (to save unnecessary mobile data charges).
Install the updates once they are downloaded by tapping install.
Why update android latest version?
One would wonder why is there a need to update the android latest version when the phone is already functioning properly. Well, there are various reasons that the phone software should be updated to the latest version available.
While the Android owners ensure proper testing and quality check before they release the software to the users, the android updates usually contain the issues identified only after its release.
- 2x Fast: It’s fast, as they say ;). Oreo helps minimize background activity in the apps you use least, it’s the super power you can’t even see that makes the phone fast. I had realized this years ago when I first started using Android that there are so many apps in background making the phone slow and drain battery fast. But that issue is finally considered in Oreo – my favorite cookie!
- Autofill remembers your logins to get you into your favorite apps at supersonic speed.
- Smart text selection:
Android Oreo recognizes text when you tap or select, then recommends a next logical step via a suggested app.
- Security: Vulnerable issues leading to hacking, stealing data, controlling the applications the way it works, etc.
- Notification Dots:
Press the notification dots to quickly see what’s new, and easily clear them by swiping away.
- 60 new emoji icons!:
Share the feels with a fully redesigned emoji set, including over 60 new emoji.
- Power Management: Battery backup is a major factor when working on a mobile OS. The research and development department strives continuously to make the battery backup management better with the reviews from users and their own research.
- Application management: When and which applications be closed and which ones to keep running in background even when the application is not in use in the foreground.
- Memory Management: Freeing the memory when the application has actually closed but has not freed the memoryin such cases OS frees the memory which is known as garbage collection.
- Fixed issues: Some bugs are identified after the final release and when the users actually start using the software. Such issues are fixed in the further releases.
All or some of these factors are improved with every new android version released by Android owners. So, update your phone to the latest released android version Oreo.
If you face any problems, comment below and I would be happy to help!